Friday, March 05, 2010

Straight talk about Ron Paul and Glenn Beck ~ By Burt Prelutsky

Even though he's a Beck fan, Burt Prelutsky criticizes Glenn Beck for saying that there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans. Burt wants good conservative Republicans to win in 2010 and 2012, but even more so, wants hard-core liberal Democrats to lose in those elections. And as to what he has to say about Ron Paul... well, I'll just let you read this column.
All I'm saying is that perhaps Beck should stop worrying so much about Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson and start paying a little more attention to modern American history.


By Burt Prelutsky

Posted: March 05, 2010 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2010


When I wasn't invited to address the CPAC convention, I didn't take it personally. I merely assumed they knew how much I hate flying – and, besides, I don't do well in cold weather.

But it's always nice to see so many conservatives in good spirits, especially during these hard times. Still, I have to admit I found their straw vote worrisome. My own feelings about Ron Paul as a prospective presidential candidate don't enter into it. My main concern, speaking as a conservative, is winning elections. Some Republicans love the guy, while others can't stand him. I like some of his ideas and, as with Newt Gingrich, I'd hope he'd have the ear of the next Republican in the Oval Office. But as for his being the GOP standard-bearer in 2012, forget about it.

For one thing, he'll be 77 at the time, meaning he'd be 81 at the end of his first term. As I'm also in my 70s, though just barely, I can assure you that's the time to start taking things a little easier, not the time to start running a country. For another thing, he spent tens of millions of dollars in 2008 trying for the presidential nomination and wound up garnering a tiny handful of delegates. That told me two things: one, outside of his own congressional district, he's not much of a vote-getter; and two, he's hardly the fiscal conservative he claims to be.

READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

Bookmark and Share

Be sure to check out johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment