Friday, March 12, 2010

Obama, the cellophane man ~ By Burt Prelutsky

Burt writes about Obama's transparency, you know, like the kind of transparency where you can see right through egotists like Barack Hussein Obama. I think the only thing that may blur the transparency is all of Obama's narcissism that is mixed in. Just sayin'...
It's at times like these that I wish America had followed Britain's example to a greater extent. If Obama, Pelosi and Reid, were forced to call for a vote of confidence, I can guarantee they'd have a lot more time to devote to their kids, their grandkids and their various hobbies.


By Burt Prelutsky

Posted: March 12, 2010 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2010



For a long time, I was a member of the chorus that faulted Barack Obama for not carrying through with his campaign pledge of transparency. But now that he's been in the Oval Office for well over a year, I realize how wrong I was. I actually owe the man an apology. He is the most transparent president we have ever had, and by now even a blind man can see through him.

Furthermore, even those people who disagreed with his politics but regarded him as a good guy must have surely had second thoughts when, during the health-care summit, Obama turned to John McCain and curtly reminded him that the election was over. Talk about your sore winners! Being the sort of imp I am, if I had been Sen. McCain, I might have asked the president if he was referring to the one that recently took place in Massachusetts.

Speaking of the health-care summit, the highlight of the seven-hour snooze-fest for me was when Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., shared the anecdote about the woman who wound up wearing her dead sister's dentures. My initial reaction was to wonder why a liberal would object to the practice; after all, they've made recycling a major tenet of their religion. My second reaction was the realization that Henry Waxman, D-the Moon, might be a terrible congressman, but he's a first-rate straight man. I was watching Waxman, who was sitting next to Slaughter, and when she related her tale of woe, he not only didn't begin to cackle the way I did, he didn't even crack a smile. But I guess after sitting in Congress for 40 years, you stop reacting to idiocy.

It's almost as if Obama and Tiger Woods have been competing to see which of them can lose the greatest amount of goodwill in the shortest amount of time. There is, of course, a major difference between the two look-alikes. Tiger's precipitous plummet in popularity affects only his fortunes and those of his sponsors and agents. Obama, on the other hand, has wasted his political capital as recklessly as he's wasted America's financial capital, thus bringing the entire nation to the brink of bankruptcy.

READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

Bookmark and Share

Be sure to check out johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment