Thursday, August 06, 2009

The emperor has no birth certificate ~ By Joseph Farah

Joseph Farah, a patriot and a hero!By Joseph Farah Posted: August 05, 2009 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 A few months ago, I stepped beyond my role as a journalist and media entrepreneur to become an activist, a crusader, some might even say a "birther." I announced it publicly. I made no bones about it. I explained that I had become so frustrated by the lack of earnest media coverage of the explosive story of Barack Obama's questionable eligibility for office that I was starting a campaign to raise public awareness. It was no longer enough, I determined, to break story after story raising questions about Obama's questionable constitutional qualifications for office. The stonewalling by the White House was bad enough. But when virtually all of my colleagues in the media joined in the cover-up, I knew we had an uphill fight. I wrote that the only way we would ever get to the truth would be if the American people rose up and demanded it. No courts of law were going to weigh the evidence objectively and rule justly. Too much was at stake. No one wanted to bring on a constitutional crisis – or worse. So, I took it upon myself to launch an awareness campaign that went over the heads of the media and the politicians. I started a national billboard campaign that I hoped would renew interest in what had become an old story. The simple message was, "Where's the birth certificate?" I was roundly criticized for focusing the campaign so narrowly. But there was a purpose behind it. No one in his right mind could determine Obama was not hiding his birth certificate. He was fighting lawsuits at costs into the seven figures over a document that costs no more than $5. He was refusing to release information that would be vital to establishing beyond any shadow of a doubt whether or not he was eligible to serve in the highest office in the land. He was mocking those who only wanted to see that the Constitution was honored and upheld as he had sworn to do when he took the oath of office. But the little campaign paid big dividends. In just a matter of months, the issue that wasn't captured the imagination of the American people. It took the power brokers in Washington and New York by surprise. [CONTINUE READING]
RELATED STORY: Then So Be It... I'm a Birther ~ By John Kubicek
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment