Friday, August 14, 2009

What conspiracy theory? ~ By Joseph Farah

Joseph FarahBy Joseph Farah Posted: August 14, 2009 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 I keep reading about how I am part of a "conspiracy theory" because I want to see Barack Obama release his birth certificate to prove he is constitutionally eligible to serve as president. What is that "conspiracy theory" I am promoting? Many of those questioning my commitment to the Constitution are clearly cavorting with conspiracy themselves. They speculate that my motivations are racist. After all, Barack Obama is the first black president. I'm slightly lighter skinned than he is. Voila! You have the makings of a grand conspiracy. Admittedly, it's a little thin. There's no actual evidence suggesting I have ever expressed any racist ideas or racist thoughts in my life, despite writing millions of words, giving hundreds of speeches and spending thousands of hours broadcasting my often-controversial views. But, they say, it's obvious. Criticizing or calling into question anything the first black president says or does now equates with racism. I would put forth the proposition that those holding such views are not only mentally unbalanced, but they are dabbling in the worst kind of conspiracy mongering, not to mention ad hominem insults of the most vicious kind. So, again, I have to ask: What conspiracy am I promoting? Some say there is overwhelming evidence of Barack Obama's status as a "natural born citizen," and, therefore, it takes a conspiracist to deny it. To this I say, "Where's the evidence?" Without an undisputed birth certificate, signed by a doctor or midwife, naming the precise location of the birth, the exact time and place, the parents and the circumstances, there is not even a basis for a conclusion. [READ COMPLETE STORY]
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment