Saturday, April 18, 2020

Dr. Phil's grim warning about mental health risks amid coronavirus ~ Fox News Video

Probably one of the most profound public service messages you will ever see, on any network. I give both the Fox News host, Laura Ingraham, and her guest, Dr. Phil McGraw, a "YUGE" amount of credit for putting this interview together as they did.

It wasn't that they just confirmed what I've been believing for awhile. The shutdown of our economy is going to have some devastating psychological affects on many, many people, and that will be a problem that will be facing us long after the virus has gone away. It is going to affect children, the bread winning adults in the families, and the retired and elderly.

Yes, thank you Lord, for leading me to this segment. And, not just for me to see it, but for knowing this was something that I needed to share. This kind of hit me, hard, when I've been thinking about the conflicting ramifications of what they are trying to protect us from. Oh, wait... What about the psychological side affects of having people locked down? Kids not in school, though it's probably cool, because you don't have to go to work because you're laid off, or if you're lucky, you're working from home.

If I keep ranting, and rambling on here, you're going to know that Dr. Phil's assessment of the psychological ramifications of the shut-down were spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment