Saturday, July 11, 2009

Carrie Prejean's moment of truth ~ By Joseph Farah

By Joseph Farah Posted: July 10, 2009 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 Have you ever had a moment of truth? Have you ever faced a situation where your response could either cost you your worldly dreams or dishonor your fundamental core beliefs? Have you ever had to choose between honoring God or conforming to the world? I haven't had much to say about Carrie Prejean's "moment of truth" at the Miss USA pageant. But recently I heard her explain her experience in that contest – and it made an impression on me. The first time I saw her respond to the question that caused so much controversy, I was, shall we say, less than impressed. I thought she waffled. She started out on one track, attempting, it seemed to me, to split the difference on the issue of same-sex marriage. "Speechless: Silencing the Christians," by Don Wildmon, lays out determined strategy of coalition of liberal secularists, homosexual activists and Fortune 500 companies Perez Hilton: "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" Prejean: "Well, I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And, you know what, in my country and in my family I think that I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised, and that's how I think it should be – between a man and a woman." Within minutes of that show being aired, I was literally inundated with e-mails from people who saw it and were proclaiming Miss California a hero. I watched it a few times and couldn't see what they were seeing. To me it sounded like she was trying to have it both ways. However, the reaction to her statement was strong – on both sides of the issue. In fact, that is a gross understatement. Carrie Prejean was virtually crucified for her expressing a preference for traditional marriage. She was insulted, vilified, and her politically incorrect answer cost her the crown. She was later stripped of her Miss California crown, too, by people who have no business running a beauty pageant – just as the homosexual activist blogger who asked the question had no business being a judge. [CONTINUE READING]
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I think Joseph enumerated it perfectly. And I agree 101%.

    FTA--Carrie Prejean says it was like a "switch" went off in her head.

    "At first it was a hard decision to make," she continued. "I felt as though Satan was tempting me into being politically correct and that's when I started off, you know, answering the question stumbling a little bit. But I finished strong and I finished to the best of my ability and staying true to my beliefs."

    God bless
    Carrie Prejean for finishing strong, for choosing the right path, for making the right choice. She not only finished strong in that competition, she has continued to be an example for all believers torn between conformity to the world's standards and honoring God's standards.

    For that she will forever be the big winner in that contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie Prejean should be rewarded for speaking her mind, liberals want to shut out the truth and human trash like Perez Hilton should be the ones quieted. She is really 100% biblical correct.

    ReplyDelete