Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Big Announcement About The Fight Ahead ~ Ep. 1276 ~ The Dan Bongino Show®

From the Dan Bongino Show's description of this episode on youtube.com/Bongino or in his Show Notes:
In this episode, I address the media’s disgusting misinformation campaign regarding the Atlanta police incident. I also address the tech tyrant's latest efforts to crush the Trump campaign and what I plan to do about it. Finally, I discuss the latest disastrous decision by NYPD management, which will cost lives.
So, let me tell you a little about what plainclothes anti-crime units, like what Police Commissioner Dermot Shea is disbanding in New York City, can do, from a personal perspective, as the intended target and victim of a crime. This goes right along with what Dan is talking about in his second segment, right after the Omaha Steaks spot that made my mouth water.  I can testify as to what the plainclothes officers did to prevent a crime against me and my newlywed bride on our honeymoon, in New Orleans.

On February 3, 1997, we were on our 2nd day of our honeymoon.  It was a gorgeous 85 degrees, sunny, and after driving down from Iowa, that sure felt good.  Here we were, enjoying our time and bar hopping, and getting to hear outrageously good jazz bands.  As we're walking down the street, a kid in his late teens comes up to us and says to me, "I bet you five dollars I can tell you where and when you got your shoes."  Obviously, I was the easy mark.  It didn't take long for me to take the bet, being there was no way he could tell me that.  But he says, "Look, here's my five, and I'm honest, if you promise to be honest if I'm right."  Did I or my bride have a clue what he was up to?  Umm, not so much.  I wasn't too street wise, if you know what I mean.  So, the kid tells me, "You got your shoes right here, right now."  Technically, he was correct.

So, being honest, as I promised, I was reaching in my pocket to retrieve my wallet.  As I was pulling it out, here comes this unmarked Crown Vic, with two guys in plainclothes, but with badges, and seconds later three squad cars show up.  They made an arrest on the perp.  As Dan tells you in this segment, it was a "Self-observed criminal arrest."  Because of them, the police, I still had my wallet, the honeymoon could go on as planned, and I didn't even have to show up in a court in order to testify.  As it turned out, it was a really lucky day for Connie and I.  The police were doing a sweep to rid the streets of the criminals prior to Mardi Gras that was beginning that weekend!  Yes, they had the perfect stakeout, and were ready when that kid made the mark go to hand over the five.  But, there is the fact that one of the officers, who easily guessed we were from out of town, told us that once I pulled out the wallet, the kid would grab it and run.  That was the M.O. for that type of scam.  Before I had a chance to thank the officers, they had the kid locked up in the back of the squad car, on his way to jail.

That story above is true.  It is exactly why I know that every word that Dan says in that segment, and through every segment of this episode and all others, is accurate information.  The politicization by the Commissioner of the NYPD, by eliminating the anti-crime units, is so absurd.  It is beyond absurd, in my humble opinion.  And it's dangerous to the public safety of not just the citizens of New York City, but also visitors to the city (from Iowa?).  Only, not just from thieves that want to take your wallet the easy way, but that probably wouldn't hesitate to rob and kill you.

Hey, I know, I didn't go into a lot of details about this episode, like about his move to have a stake in Parler.com.  But, this is what I do.  I give you his episodes, because the information that Dan Bongino provides us with is valuable, and then try to write about the information that verifies the way I think.  It is very troubling when people like Geraldo Rivera try to tell you things that are just not true.  This episode provides the evidence that there are people like Geraldo everywhere... It's sad to see!

I hope that you are watching every one of Dan's episodes, like I do!





No comments:

Post a Comment