Saturday, October 10, 2009

Don't Give Up! ~ By Greg Laurie

From WorldNetDaily
Greg LaurieBy Greg Laurie Posted: October 10, 2009 ~ 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 WorldNetDaily Recently I was in New York and went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant with a group of people. It was so loud that I couldn't hear myself think. I didn't have any silverware, so I was trying to get the waiter's attention. But he wasn't noticing me. So I turned to my friend Mike for a little help. Mike is a New Yorker and knows how to communicate with fellow New Yorkers. He looked in the direction of the waiter and yelled, "Hey! We need some silverware over here!" "All right!!!" New Yorkers have this friendly aggression that I have never quite figured out, being from Southern California. But Mike knows how to work the system. When it comes to having our prayers answered, sometimes we need to employ a little friendly aggression. And rather than insulting God with our boldness, it can actually be pleasing to him, because Jesus taught that we should be persistent when we pray. Jesus told his disciples, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened" (Luke 11:9–10 NIV). Often in prayer we will ask God for something once or twice and then just give up. But sometimes God isn't saying no. He may be saying, "The timing is not right. I will do it for you later, but not now." So keep praying. Keep asking. [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
RELATED STORY: Don't Give Up! ~ By John Kubicek RELATED VIDEO:
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment