Saturday, October 10, 2009

The One won, but for what? ~ By Patrice Lewis

From WorldNetDaily
Patrice LewisBy Patrice Lewis Posted: October 10, 2009 ~ 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 WorldNetDaily As my husband came downstairs Friday morning, groggy and half-asleep, he asked, "What's new?" "Well, did you hear Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize?" I replied. He stopped. "You're kidding." "I'm not." "For what??" "His potential, apparently." My husband burst out laughing. "That's hilarious. In a scary sort of way." He accepted a mug of coffee and took a sip. "I tell ya, this has a sort of anti-Christ-ish ring to it, doesn't it?" He walked around for the rest of the morning shaking his head and muttering, "Amazing …" Shortly thereafter, a friend remarked, "Getting kind of Old Testament-ish around here, isn't it?" My husband answered, "More like New Testament-ish. Specifically, Revelation." In asking a neighbor whether she'd heard the news, her reply was, "Yes, I've had diarrhea all morning." Putting aside our personal opinions of Obama, I must echo my husband's question: "For what?" How could Obama – who has been in office well under a year amid massive protests from disgruntled citizens – win the most-coveted award in the world for peace efforts when he hasn't done anything to achieve peace? Let us remember, too, that when nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize were taking place, Obama had been in office for 12 days. Again I say, for what? This sentiment, we found out, was being asked across blogs and news sites around the world. [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment