Thursday, January 13, 2011

Glenn Beck: I should've invested in 'Spider-Man'

I was listening to Glenn Beck on his radio show yesterday (1/12/11) when he was talking about "Spiderman: Turn off the Dark." The way he described the show made me want to sell one of my kidneys so that I could go see it! I wonder if Glenn has ever considered being a Broadway critic? I was riveted to the radio, even though I needed to fire up my snowblower and get the driveway cleared off.

Glenn Beck: I should've invested in 'Spider-Man'
'The only thing that will stop this is the federal government'

JOE KOVACS
By Joe Kovacs

January 12, 2011 ~ 5:34 pm Eastern

© 2011 WorldNetDaily



GLENN BECK
Despite numerous problems including actors being injured and delays in its official opening, the Broadway production of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark," is getting nothing but the highest praise from media giant Glenn Beck who believes the show will be a massive moneymaker for at least the next 20 years.

"Give a kidney to go see 'Spider-Man,'" Beck said today, after having seen a preview performance Saturday. "This is, by far, the best show I've ever seen. When people ask, 'Was it worth the price of the ticket?' Let me answer it this way. This show is not only worth the price of a ticket here on Broadway, which is pricey, it is worth the price of an airline ticket from Los Angeles or Hawaii to come to New York to see it. It is unlike anything I've ever seen. The storyline is fantastic."

"Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark"
is still in its preview phase on Broadway.
Its official opening is scheduled for Feb. 7.

The $50 million production has been receiving some less-than-glowing reviews from critics in the Big Apple who have described it as a "work in progress," but Beck thinks that may have to do with a "snotty" attitude among the artsy elite, who frown upon the comic-book story being brought to stage and music by Bono and the Edge, the singer and lead guitarist for the Irish rock band U2.

"Here's my problem with it," Beck said. "They spent $50 million. It will have to be sold out, every ticket, for two years to break even. My problem with this is I didn't invest. It will run for two decades. ... The only thing that will stop this is the federal government saying it's too risky. I said to my wife when they jumped off the stage and they were fighting, 'Good God, what does the insurance cost? Who is insuring this thing?' And then I realized we own AIG! We are!"


READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

Wait, before you go:
Don't forget to check out

johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment