Thursday, January 28, 2010

L.A. Times gunning for me ~ By Joseph Farah

Commentary from WorldNetDaily
Joseph Farah By Joseph Farah Posted: January 27, 2010 ~ 12:39 am Eastern © 2010 I must be doing something right. When the L.A. Times puts you in its crosshairs, it's not because you are embarrassing their beloved "conservative movement." And it's not because you are embarrassing yourself. It's usually because you are effective – and you're getting under somebody's skin. A few hours before I dashed off this column, the L.A. Times published this story: "Joseph Farah has found his calling in Obama-bashing." I'll let you judge the paper's mission and motive. But, first, there's a story behind the story. I sat down for a series of interviews with one of the reporters bylined in this piece – Peter Wallsten – about six months ago. He wrapped up the story months ago and turned it in to his editors. It sat around for such a long time that Wallsten ended up leaving the Times and going to work for the Wall Street Journal. He's been there for a couple months. I assumed the story would never see the light of day because it was fair. The story Wallsten wrote never did see the light. At some point, the editors at the L.A. Times looked over the story and determined it made me look responsible, eclectic, maybe even, God forbid, likable. So they turned the story over to another reporter, Faye Fiore. Did she interview me? No. But she rewrote the story nonetheless – with an eye toward making me look like some kind of irresponsible, opportunistic monster. READ FULL STORY >
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment