Thursday, June 09, 2011

Weinergate: Told ya so ~ By Phil Elmore

Media apologists and Democratic strategists are already debating whether Weiner can ride out his little sex scandal, even acknowledging the double standard in resignations among disgraced GOP elephants versus petulant Dem jackasses. What is truly astonishing, however, is that we've sunk to such low expectations of our public officials. There was a time when, if no less corrupt than they are now, those in power were expected at least to be better at hiding their malfeasance. It now seems the new rule is to do what you want unless you get caught ... and then to keep right on doing what you want.

To a government official who misuses his family, his office and countless young women – while declaring that he has no intention of truly accepting responsibility for his misdeeds – no abuse of power is unthinkable. This is today's Democratic Party, and this is the character of those who hold the boot of pervasive government on our necks. Unless and until we demand better, they will continue to inflict on us far worse.

When I read Phil's Technocracy column last week, "Rep. Weiner's absurd 'hacker' claim," there was no doubt in my mind that Phil was right.

So, how would I have known that Phil had it right about the "hacker" claims made by Weiner? Was it because I am some kind of cyber-security expert? Uh, no. My hunch was based on the circumstantial evidence that I was aware of at the time.

I must admit, though, that it took me by surprise when Rep. Weiner made his statement on Monday. It was absolutely amazing that Weiner's story fell apart so soon! But, when you have to start covering up lies with more lies, it should be expected that you are going to get busted. It happens every time!

But, wait! The story is not yet over! There's more! There is a point to this that must not be overlooked. Why did Anthony Weiner, a Democrat Representative from New York, emphasize that he would not resign? It wouldn't have anything to do with his retirement benefits, would it? I'm just asking...

So, I don't know about you, but this whole Weiner thing is just mind-boggling. However, I'll admit that I was in no hurry to try to follow this story. Sex scandals have never been my thing here on Time2Escape. But here I am, spending the time to bring this to your attention. Why? Because I am a believer in honesty and honor.

When a Congressman can start believing that he can do such absurd things and not have to pay any price for it - no consequences - we're really in trouble. We, the people, need to let this out-of-control Congressman Weiner know that his mind-numbing arrogance will not be tolerated! We need to demand his immediate resignation! I'm just sayin'...


*    *    *

Weinergate: Told ya so
PHIL ELMORE
By Phil Elmore

June 09, 2011 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2011


I'm not normally one to say, "See? I told you so," but ... Wait. Yes, I am. See? I told you so.

Last week in Technocracy, I explained why Rep. Anthony Weiner's absurd "hacker" claim was implausible and vague on its face. When an individual can do anything online, then assert he did not do it because unnamed miscreants co-opted his account through unspecified and vague means, we live in a world where anything is possible, nothing is credible, and no government official may be held accountable for his misconduct. From his first shrill denials and accusations, Weiner's protestations lacked sincerity. Following his public admission that, wait, there was no hacker and Wiener's a dirty old man with no "game," we seem collectively not to have noticed that Weiner doesn't really believe he's done anything wrong.

To say, with caustic glee, that this scandal couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow is an understatement. Weiner is frequently referred to by the left-leaning press as an "outspoken Democrat" – media code-language for a brickbat-tossing slanderer who sees "unholy alliances" between "conservative commentators" and various commercial industries. To see such a reprehensible would-be tyrant, a statist who delights in stripping American citizens of their civil rights, laid low is the height (the depth?) of schadenfreude. What everyone seems to be forgetting, however, is that Weiner didn't just lie. He, his people and their fellow travelers attempted to blame innocent people for Weiner's misconduct, including Andrew Breitbart and a Twitter user named Dan Wolfe.

Doing his best impersonation of disgraced New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer (who, like Weiner, seemed determine to hang on to office as long as he could despite the untenable ethical position created by Spitzer's prostitution scandal), Weiner has "apologized." Paul Stanley quoted him thusly:
"I came here to accept full responsibility for what I have done. I am not resigning, and people who judge me have a right to do so," said Weiner. "My primary sense of regret – my apology – goes to my wife. I should not have done this, especially since I was married. I love my wife very much. We have no intention of splitting up over this," Weiner went on to say.

When repeatedly asked about a reason for his actions, Weiner said, "If you're looking for some type of deep explanation, I have none. I am just deeply sorry. Almost as soon as I told one lie I knew I would have to cover it by telling others."
Missing from this insincere mea culpa to Weiner's constituents and family was any recognition or acknowledgment of how his accusations might have affected, however temporarily, the reputations of Andrew Breitbart and Dan Wolfe. Columnist Bob Lonsberry shrewdly pointed out, after the scandal broke, that Weiner is such a partisan bomb-thrower that his initial, "Aw, shucks, guess I was hacked" reaction could not possibly have been genuine. A venomous ideologue like Weiner, according to Lonsberry, would never dismiss the sending of possibly ruinous lewd photos through his account as anything but a Republican dirty trick. The throng of leftists jeering that this must surely have been the case have, subsequent to Weiner's admission, wandered off with naught but muttered and sullen comments to mark their passing. This pattern plays out every time a Democrat is implicated in a scandal.

READ MORE at WND.com

Don't be afraid!
WE the PEOPLE
are the MOB
ONE NATION UNDER GOD
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear

No comments:

Post a Comment