Friday, June 17, 2011

Sarah who? ~ By Jane Chastain

Like Palin, Bachmann is attractive and articulate (minus the down-home charm that some find offensive). Like Palin, Bachmann has done an incredible job of balancing family and career. While Palin is a mother to five, Bachmann is a mother to 28, five of her own and 23 foster children. No one can argue. That's an incredible accomplishment!

Palin plowed the field for conservative women who are aiming for the White House. It is now entirely possible that Bachmann may reap this harvest. Could she be the dark horse who thunders out of nowhere like the 304-day Senate wonder who became our 44th president?

After watching the New Hampshire debate Monday night, I decided that the pundits who were saying that we have a weak field of possible GOP nominees are a bunch of airheads! And, fortunately, this will be the election where We, the People, are going to decide who the Republican nominee will be, rather than the mainstream press, belt-way pundits, or the old-establishment Republicans, who gave us John McCain in 2008.

Jane's column does well in explaining why Michele Bachmann would be a better GOP candidate than Sarah Palin. However, I still feel very strong about the candidate that I've been supporting, Mr. Herman Cain, even long before he announced his candidacy on May 21, 2011. At least we now know that Cain would have some very qualified people to choose from for a great running mate in 2012 to defeat Barack Obama. And yes, Michele Bachmann would be an excellent choice and should be high on Herman's list.

Seriously, this needs to be the year that we (the tea partiers) totally ignore what Charles Krauthammer, Dick Morris, or Ann Coulter think. I'm just sayin'...


Sarah who?
JANE CHASTAIN

By Jane Chastain

June 16, 2011 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2011


Sarah Palin. The very mention of her name invokes a strong response from almost everyone. You either love her or hate her. (Count me in the former category.) Until now, Palin has been sucking up all the oxygen in the media with her "Will-I-run-or-will-I-not" bus tour.

I confess that since the 2008 election, I have been disappointed with the former Alaska governor. I was sure that when she was free from the McCain campaign and could finally speak for herself, she would lose the generalities that dominate political speech and dazzle us with specifics. I'm still waiting. In short, I admire what she has accomplished, but I hope she doesn't run.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
I felt much the same way about Michele Bachmann. I hoped she would not run – until around 9 p.m. Tuesday.

Although Bachmann has a potpourri of interesting experience, I felt it was too thin to be a serious candidate. I've admired the fact that she has been willing to go anywhere at any time to build a case for free-market, conservative principles, but I felt she would be nothing more than a distraction.

Long before the end of the GOP debate in New Hampshire, it was clear this lady would be the winner and is now ready and able to mix it up with the "Big Boys." Bachmann grabbed the spotlight at the very beginning when she formally announced that she was, in fact, running for president and, in the hour and a half that followed, she left the other candidates in her dust. She was poised and polished to a high gloss. Her remarks were pithy, specific, carefully chosen and to the point.

READ MORE at WND.com

Don't be afraid!
WE the PEOPLE
are the MOB
ONE NATION UNDER GOD
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear

No comments:

Post a Comment