Saturday, February 12, 2011

Proselytizing at the Super Bowl? (Shame on you, Will.i.am) ~ By Victoria Jackson

It's funny that what liberals hate most about Christians is proselytizing – yet they use every public opportunity to shove their agenda down our throats starting with gay pride parades, propaganda news, TV and movies, Oscars, Grammies ... and now football.

As if it isn't difficult enough to sway the masses toward the truth, we have RINOs! I just learned what that meant a year ago, about the time Meghan McCain came on the scene. RINO means Republican In Name Only. This week she dissed my favorite role model, Michele Bachmann.

MICHELE BACHMANN and VICTORIA JACKSON
So, here's my attempt at proselytizing back at ya!


Video provided by PasadenaTeaParty ~ February 27, 2010

Liberals are passionate proselytizers, but they have the wrong message. Conservatives have the right message, but need to proselytize more.

Victoria is trying to figure out why it is okay for liberals to proselytize at public events, so why can't Conservatives or Christians? Yes, Victoria, I think that many of us have a difficult time trying to figure that out! Rush Limbaugh was not allowed to buy a pro football team. Valedictorians can't mention God or Jesus in their commencement speeches. Athletes like Kurt Warner or Tim Tibo give all the credit to Jesus Christ after a big victory, and the person holding the microphone on the field rolls their eyes. A high school football player points to the sky after a touchdown and gets flagged for "unsportsmanship-like conduct". Go figure.


Video provided by TheREALjohnny2k


Proselytizing at the Super Bowl? (Shame on you, Will.i.am)
VICTORIA JACKSON
By Victoria Jackson

February 11, 2011 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2011



Proselytize: to induce someone to convert to one's faith; to recruit someone to join one's party, institution or cause

We left Kissammee, Fla., where Teenager's cheer squad came in third place to get home in time for our good friend's Super Bowl party. Watching men smash into each other isn't my favorite pastime, so I hung out with the teenagers. We went online and looked up what Angelina Jolie's tattoos meant. I googled "Bible Verse Tattoos" and suddenly naked private parts popped up on the screen. The teenagers screamed and fled. I quickly erased that and typed in "Is it a sin for a Christian to have a tattoo?" I showed the teenagers what Leviticus said and what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 6:12 that for a Christian, "all things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient," and that we shouldn't be a stumbling block. This is a gray area, like alcohol. I encouraged the teens not to get tattoos or drink alcohol, but if they must, to wait until age 50. That was my advice. The article had one pro-tattoo verse, "I have become all things to all men that I might win some," inferring that tattoos would be a good thing if your mission field is bikers and ex-cons. I guess my future is mapped out for me.

Trying to help me out, one teenager showed me this new product she had used to "cover up" a hickey that she didn't want her mom to see. Oh boy. TMI (too much information). Maybe I should be watching football with the grownups. The thick cream by Kat Von D completely "covers" tattoos.

[Side note: My preacher son-in-law, a big Packers fan, preached on Psalm 32 this weekend. "The great exchange" is that we bring God our sin and He 1) "covers" it, 2) takes the burden of guilt and makes it disappear, and 3) gives us forgiveness and righteousness, a clean slate.]

Finally, the Super Bowl halftime came. I can relate to the show biz part of the game. The Black Eyed Peas (the group that taught my daughter her first bad word) were wearing sparkly electricity outfits and shouting words I couldn't understand. I guess you call it "rap." It's definitely not music. There is no melody, unless they steal it, which is called "sampling." True story. I worked with a rap "artist" once and he didn't know what the chords C, G and F were! For real. So, I'm watching the halftime show when suddenly the Will.i.am guy says, "umba-clambo-darwiz-blahnik-Obamagiveuseducation-schlambo-romtick-wizzle. ..." I did a double take! Obama! Usually the only words I can decipher in rap are vulgar obscenities.

I "Bing-ed" it so I could see what he said.

"In America we need to get things straight / Obama let's get these kids educated / Create jobs so the country stays stimulated / This is dedicated to all the innovators," he sang.

What do politics have to do with football?

Do all the other Super Bowls have political messages inserted into their halftimes? Or is this the first year? I don't know. I never watch the Super Bowl. Is it equal air time? Sometimes conservative, sometimes liberal?

READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

Be sure to check out
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment