Monday, March 09, 2009

Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck talks with Chuck Norris

You will learn something you may never have known had it not been for this Glenn Beck interview with Chuck Norris (text transcript). From the article (interview):

GLENN: If we're both sitting there and there's a nuke and you've got the red wire and the green wire and we're both sweating and you're like, I don't know, I'm going to go with my instinct, I think I'd like a little bit more. NORRIS: Hey, actually I did a movie like that called President's Man. Listen to this. No one knows about this. But in 2000 I did a movie of the week called President's Man and what I do as President's Man, when the FBI and the CIA can't take care of a situation for the president, I come in and take care of it for him. And so we did one. It was so successful that CBS wanted me to do another one. So I started thinking about a story for another movie and I was talking to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison and I said, Kay, I said, what is the greatest threat we have in America? And she says, our greatest fear is Osama Bin Laden's going to sneak a nuclear device into our country. And I said, oh, really? So I got my writers together. We wrote a story about Osama Bin Laden sneaking a nuclear device into America and hiding it actually in Chicago, which we didn't know at the time, and he calls the president and says, "I want you to release my holy warriors from the 1993 bombing or I'm going to explode this nuclear device in your country." So I get called in -- GLENN: Wait, wait, this is in 2000 you did this? NORRIS: Yeah, this is in 2000. So anyway, I go to Afghanistan, I kidnap Osama Bin Laden, and I bring him back to the United States for trial. Then during that time -- and then the attorney general's a Muslim as well, Osama, and they get into a debate about the interpretation of the Qur'an and the, you know, the attorney general says the Qur'an talks about tolerance, you know, not war. GLENN: Did you make this movie? NORRIS: Oh, yeah. Anyway, so I do the movie, I finally find the nuclear weapon, disarm it at the last minute like Jack Bauer did. I was trying to find the right wire to cut down to two seconds. Anyway, we deliver this movie to CBS on September 7th, 2001. GLENN: Holy cow. NORRIS: Then four days later, of course, 9/11 hits. So now CBS doesn't know what to do. You know, the name of it was called Ground Zero was the name of the movie. GLENN: Has it ever been seen? NORRIS: No.

[Continue reading]

digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment