Saturday, September 20, 2008

Family with Down Syndrome Child Meets McCain and Sarah Palin

Touching Story about a meeting with a Down Syndrame child on the campaign trail. :) ~ joelbow ~ This is fantastic, as I heard the original broadcast when this story happened on September 9, 2008. A caller, Kurt from Pittsburg, PA, called into Rush's show, to talk about what had happened when he took his family to see McCain and Palin. I was blown away by it. I heard Rush telling the listeners to the show to check his website for this transcript and the pictures that Kurt sent in, and then I totally forgot about it. Fortunately, and here it is almost two weeks later, a good friend of mine emailed the transcript of that show to me, with Kurt's pictures included. I checked for the story on RushLimbaugh.com, and sure enough, there it was. I then located the story on digg.com so that I could post it here. joelbow should be happy, as when I found this story at digg.com, I shared it with my friends, and the number of diggs more than doubled within the day! With the constant 24/7 news cycle, this doesn't happen too often when an article was submitted 10 days ago, but truly, this is a timeless story. You must read the transcript of this call (see link below). It also includes the pictures taken of this event. This does have a way of touching your heart. I remember when I heard it live, on the show, I was so blown away. I'm not sure reading a transcript will touch your heart like it was when I heard it in that broadcast, but hopefully it will give you the gist of how fantastic this was for Kurt and his family, as well as for the Palin and McCain families. Read the transcript here | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment