Monday, May 05, 2014

Exclusive: Marco Rubio Endorses Joni Ernst For Iowa Senate ~ by Charlie Spiering

Ernst, who received national acclaim for an ad in which she says she "grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm," is out with a new spot in which she rides her Harley Davidson motorcycle to the gun range.
So, when I spotted this sharp candidate for the Iowa U.S. Senator spot in the GOP for the 2014 Midterm election, I knew I was on to somebody very special.

I had previously mentioned another candidate that is in the running:
The only other GOP U.S. Senate candidate in Iowa that I was aware of until yesterday was Mark Jacobs. There are six candidates running, and now I know of two. I am assuming that Jacobs' campaign is going well, as a lot of TV advertising money has been spent so far.
Weirdest thing ever: Mark Jacobs has been totally crossed off my list since my last post about Joni. Not just because I like Joni Ernst's chances, but because I found out something about Jacobs that greatly disturbed me. You see, I saw this ad on TV that said that Mark Jacobs had supported the Cap and Trade legislation that was being discussed in Congress back in 2007, while he was the CEO of an energy company. It was obviously one of those PAC ads, so I took it for what it was worth, and of course, Jacobs recently came out with an ad to respond to it. However, as it turns out, Jacobs was spinning what the ad said, saying that it took him out of context. After reading a story in the Sioux City Journal, I am totally convinced that Jacobs is now far down on my list of who I'd vote for on June 3 in the Republican primary.  He wasn't being honest, and was trying to say he was for it before he was against it:
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Mark Jacobs said Thursday his stated support of a proposed federal policy to reduce carbon dioxide emissions was expressed not as an individual opinion but in his role in leading an energy conglomerate.
I'm not writing this, though, to trash Mark Jacobs. God forbid, he could still win the Republican nomination, and I would be forced to somehow vote for him next Fall over Bruce Braley.

So, back to Joni. Yes, Joni Ernst, she seems to be the one that I'd vote for in a heartbeat. (There you go, folks, now I have also endorsed her, as if it matters!) Looking at who has endorsed her, including Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, and now Marco Rubio, I'd say that I'm not alone, and I'm in good company in picking an awesome candidate to be solidly in support of! Just check out Joni's new ad that just came out:



It seems to me that the more I know about Joni Ernst, the more I have to say she is the candidate of choice for anyone that wants this "type of tough, no nonsense conservative that we need in Washington," as Senator Marco Rubio says she is. I have no reason to doubt Rubio's opinion in this endorsement. I'm just sayin'...

RELATED STORIES:

Exclusive: Marco Rubio Endorses Joni Ernst For Iowa Senate
by Charlie Spiering

5 May 2014, 5:57 AM PDT

On Breitbart.com

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) is endorsing Iowa’s Joni Ernst in the Republican Senate primary, Breitbart News has learned.

Ernst, an Iowa state senator, is running a close race in Iowa with Republican businessman Mark Jacobs.

Joni is running for United States Senate in Iowa and is the type of tough, no nonsense conservative that we need in Washington,” Rubio said in an announcement highlighting the endorsement of his Reclaim America PAC.

Former Gov. Mitt Romney and former Gov. Sarah Palin have also backed Ernst, who made national headlines with a campaign video highlighting her experience in castrating hogs.

Elected to the Iowa State Senate 2011 Joni has fought hard to cut the “pork” in Iowa which she will tell you is just second nature, being raised on a farm and handling pigs most of her life,” Rubio said.

This is the first endorsement by Rubio’s Reclaim America PAC in a Senate primary, which he described as "unique."

~~~ READ MORE at Breitbart.com ~~~

*     *     *     *

Don't be afraid!
WE the PEOPLE
are the MOB
ONE NATION UNDER GOD
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear

*     *     *     *




No comments:

Post a Comment