Saturday, September 04, 2010

What now, Glenn Beck? ~ By Robert Ringer

I believe Beck when he says he will never give up. I believe him when he says if he is forced off television, he will find another platform that is even bigger. I believe him when he says he is willing to die if that's the consequence for speaking the truth.
Those are Robert Ringer's words found in this column, and I agree completely with those thoughts. In fact, I found myself enthusiastically nodding in total agreement with Robert all the way through the column.
What is sad is that the only people who will ever know just how historic the event was are those who were in attendance, because, as I said at the outset, the media coverage was shameful.
Oh wait, Robert, there ARE some people that understand the historic significance of the Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor Rally that weren't there. I was there in spirit, as I am sure many were. Which reminds me, it was more than historical significance that was involved. There was also a very strong spiritual significance that was very easy for me to understand, see, and feel. I was able to watch the entire event on my computer through the live Ustream video feed that Beck had set up on Facebook. I also recorded the C-SPAN video feed on to my TiVo which I used to make the videos that you will see below.

As Robert mentions, he was there. And I watched it all, and there in spirit. However, I would be willing to bet that Al Sharpton or anyone in the press who was critical of the event haven't seen ten minutes of the Restoring Honor rally. And if you have only read about it in the mainstream liberal press, then I have something for you to see, even though it is only the tip of the iceberg. However, the nearly 30 minutes of video that you can watch below will at least show you that there was more meaning to it than Al Sharpton or the liberal press would tell you. In other words, hold your criticism until you see the whole picture! (HINT: Click on the C-SPAN link above to see the whole picture!)


Hold your criticism until you see the whole picture - Part 1


Hold your criticism until you see the whole picture - Part 2



Hold your criticism until you see the whole picture - Part 3



The above videos provided by TheREALjohnny2k


The question that Robert asks, "What now, Glenn Beck?" is an important one, and neither Robert nor I can answer that. We're not sure that Glenn even knows. But, we do know who does know: God! And I am pretty sure that Glenn Beck will be playing a very big part in a spiritual war, "a showdown between good and evil." Just sayin'...

I pray that Glenn Beck will not lose his eyesight, but if it should happen, I believe he will become more powerful than ever and thus an even a greater force for good. If this tragic circumstance should occur, I believe he will see it as a Jobian moment – a Divine test of his belief. It could, in fact, be the very thing that spurs him to run for president, despite the fact that he has clearly stated he has "zero interest in the job."

Anyone interested in human nature cannot help but find it fascinating that many of the greatest men and women throughout history have been vilified and hated by a large percentage of the population. And whenever that be the case, you can count on an equally large segment of the population adoring that same person. It's a scenario that fits Glenn Beck to a T.

The details of how the Beck saga unfolds from this point forward are unknown, but one thing is certain: His journey will continue to be an historic one. Something is happening in this country that has never happened before – at least in my lifetime. It almost tempts one to say that it's a showdown between good and evil.

What now, Glenn Beck?

By Robert Ringer

Posted: September 03, 2010 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2010




The way the media covered Glenn Beck's 8/28 Restoring Honor rally at the Lincoln Memorial is shameful, but not unexpected. That said, as clueless as Geraldo Rivera is, I'll give him credit for covering the event extensively.

But never underestimate Geraldo's ability to come up with absurdities. In this case, the absurdity was to have Al Sharpton as a guest on his show Saturday night – for the full hour! – to comment on the Beck rally and compare it to his own "Reclaim the Dream" rally on the same day.

I found it highly insulting to have the format of the show be a comparison between Beck's historic gathering and Sharpton's anemic attempt to recreate a 1960s-style civil-rights march. What made it even more pathetic was that every time Sharpton spoke on Geraldo's show, he had something negative to say about Beck or the Restoring Honor event. He came across as an angry, unknowledgeable child desperately in search of a scapegoat for his own lack of accomplishments.

Quite obviously, I was not at the Sharpton rally, but numerous reports from creditable sources place attendance in the 2,000-3,000 range. By contrast, the Beck event – which I did attend – drew a minimum of 500,000 people. (Trust me, minimum.) What is sad is that the only people who will ever know just how historic the event was are those who were in attendance, because, as I said at the outset, the media coverage was shameful.

The entire three hours of the Restoring Honor rally was filled with a spirit of goodwill and inclusiveness, with a focus on God as the answer to restoring the greatness that once signified America. By contrast, Sharpton's pitiful attempt to counter the Beck rally was (according to news reports) filled with the same old angry rhetoric that smacks of black liberation theology. (You know, "You must give back that which you have taken.")

READ FULL STORY

Be sure to check out
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment