Thursday, September 16, 2010

Green religionists: Children in bodies of adults ~ By Phil Elmore

"They loved living here. But I can't let them stay. They'll have to find food. And I hope that they may. 'Good luck, boys,' he cried. And he sent them away." Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax" continues, "I … felt sad as I watched them all go. But … business is business! And business must grow … I meant no harm. I most truly did not. But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got. I biggered my factory. I biggered my roads. I biggered my wagons. I biggered the loads. … I went right on biggering … selling more Thneeds. And I biggered my money, which everyone needs."
The Lorax -- Dr. Seuss

Video provided by jonathanichikawa

Yes, I think that Phil Elmore is on to something here. It's called indoctrination, it is started at an early age, and it's followed by years and years of streaming info coming at our children in schools, books, on TV, and in movies...(Remember "Avatar"?) They're taught, "Trees good, corporations bad." Yes, just as Dr. Seuss wrote in "The Lorax," as you heard in the video above.

Phil explains that while most people eventually grow out of the fear that has been instilled in them regarding the environment, many don't, without a doubt. It's the ones that don't that we have to worry about. And by the way, that video was a great reading of "The Lorax," wouldn't you say? I was impressed, which is why I chose it for this column today. And I was glad to find it, as I had never read "The Lorax" before, which may explain why I'm not much into hugging trees any more... Just sayin'...

This anxiety is the driving force behind today's environmentalist activists. While I eventually came to my senses, developing an adult's sense of realism and the ability to use basic logic, many wide-eyed children never realize this innate capacity for reason. Primed by fear, worry and helplessness at an early age, they become the hectoring, self-righteous, insufferable "green" cultists who spend their time trying to make you toe their environmentalist line. Previously in Technocracy, I described to you the spiritual fervor of these green religionists. If you won't listen to them voluntarily, then by Gaia, they'll make you listen by bludgeoning you with the force of law. Any violation of your rights as a free citizen is justified to the green religionists, because they're afraid. Their anxiety, their helplessness, instilled in them from childhood, is untempered by common sense, unleavened by pragmatism and touched by neither logic nor skepticism. They are true believers. In their minds, the failure to believe individually is a sentence of death collectively. Seeing them as frightened children, reading "The Lorax" with tears in their eyes, how can we not at least pity them?
Green religionists: Children in bodies of adults
By Phil Elmore

Posted: September 16, 2010 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2010



...

With a familiar snapping noise, the lamp I tried to turn on instead remained dark. As I groped blindly under the kitchen sink for a replacement, eventually finding the carton containing the last of the household's 100 Watt "soft white" bulbs, those lines from Dr. Seuss' story came to mind. I remember reading that book and thinking, even as a child, that it was a horribly depressing story. Worse, it seemed only too prophetic to me as a youngster.

Growing up in the 1980s, I shared a common malady with most of my contemporaries. We were taught, from an early age, that we were all doomed. Television movies like "The Day After," not to mention the evening news, had us convinced that at any moment we could all be turned to piles of smoldering, irradiated ash. The specter of nuclear war hung low over our heads. While the ridiculous "duck and cover" drills of previous decades were before my time, the signs proclaiming my Depression-era middle school a "fallout shelter" were daily reminders. I don't imagine we'd have questioned it too much had our teachers taught us how to get under our desks, tuck our heads and kiss our posteriors goodbye. We were already being taught by hip new media outlets like MTV that life was a joke and the truly cool cared about nothing.

Those teenaged nihilist themes warred with much more deeply rooted childhood messages, however, in the form of the well-meaning (including stories like "The Lorax") to environmentalist indoctrination in school. I remember learning all about "pollution" during several weeks of "social studies" (a topic I've since learned is a euphemism for failing to teach "history" to our children) in third grade. I remember just how deeply concerned I became about the threat to the planet. I remember thinking that if we didn't do something, we were all, well, doomed. I remember how powerless I felt. Very briefly, I was poised to become an environmental activist, out of nothing so much as a deeply seated sense of worry over the future.


READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

Be sure to check out
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment