Monday, December 28, 2009

About my Christmas and Reflections on the New Year (and Decade)

From johnny2k's Facebook Page (NOTES)
From left: Lisa (my daughter), me, Brian (my son) By John Kubicek December 28, 2009 Yes, I worked over the Christmas Holiday time, but at least I was able to get with my family on Christmas Eve. The crowd included my brother Dave, sister Mary Jen, my Mom and Dad, and my daughter Lisa accompanied by her awesome boyfriend Andrew. We ate dinner that Mary Jen prepared, ordourves that Dave provided, did our gift exchange which is always fun, and played the card game, Wizard, a family favorite. I hope you all had at least as good of a Christmas as I did. It helped me to get through several days of rain and then snow. Don't you just love Winter? Actually, I apologize for taking it so lightly, knowing that many family plans had to be aborted due to the weather we had in this part of the country. Sorry about that. And I understand your pain. In the opening statement of this comment, I did mention that, "Yes, I worked over the Christmas Holiday time..." It wasn't just at my job, but also in working on my side projects. And of course, the standard delays of this time of the year, like successfully getting my gift shopping done and then (poorly) wrapping them, caused some projects to be delayed. But while many of the top talk-show and TV News hosts were taking the time off, somebody had to be watching out for us, keeping the public informed of all that is going on. I did my usual share of blog posts and youtube videos that you can always check out. We all have our priorities, though, don't we? It was hard, but I managed to get my family first, followed by my job, and then my work on my projects. Because I had my priorities correctly inline, I didn't feel any stress. I did what I had and wanted to do. Now that there is a new decade coming our way, I think that it would be a good time to reflect. What I am doing is evaluating what I did in the last 10 years; what I did right, and what I did wrong. And yes, I gave myself a grade - and that will stay confidential. I can tell you that I did find some areas of my life that need some improvement. To accomplish those improvements, I will have to make some lifestyle changes. To do that, I'm going to have to make some attitude adjustments. But, hey, no problem. I have the motivation. There's no doubt in my mind that major CHANGES really ARE coming our way. Not only do I want to prepare myself, I also want to be able to do my best to also help you get through -- or better yet, prevent -- those changes. During the time that I was thinking about what I want to accomplish in this next coming decade, I realized that it all has to do with what I can do for you. I don't want to sound harsh, but this is NOT the time to be clueless about what is going on in this world. This is NOT the time to be ignorant of the threats that we face. It will be my eternal mission, I think (because I leave it up to the Lord), to do my best to provide the information and resources you need to help us prevent a hostile takeover of our country, and our freedom.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment