Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thanksgiving prayer ~ By Joseph Farah

From WorldNetDaily
By Joseph Farah Posted: November 26, 2009 ~ 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to live in the greatest country in the world – one where we as citizens are permitted to live in freedom, to speak our minds, to debate the great issues of the day openly and without fear, and, most of all, to worship You and to tell others about You and Your Gospel of saving grace and redemption. We as Americans take all this for granted too often. Yet, from the earliest commemorations of Thanksgiving here in America, this was the common denominator that brought people of the New World together. I'm so thankful to be part of a country where worshipping You is not a crime – yet. I'm thankful we have the opportunity to tell others about You. I'm thankful You have blessed this land in so many ways. I'm thankful for the way You chastise this land and judge it with leaders unworthy of this nation's great heritage but who are, in Your wisdom, necessary to correct us and reveal our iniquities. I'm thankful for Your patience with Americans, who, despite their countless blessings, do not often recognize from where they come. I'm thankful we have abundant food today – that we get to celebrate this solemn occasion in the warmth of our homes, with our families and friends. I'm thankful we have such abundance that we can share it with those less fortunate, not just here in our homeland, but around the world. I'm thankful You gave Your Son, Jesus Christ, as a sacrifice for us so that we could be saved from our sin and, through Him, share the precious gift of an eternal life with You. [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment