Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's 2009, It Must Be "Casablanca"

From The Left - Watch What They Do, Not What They Say!
Nicholas ContompasisBy Nicholas Contompasis Thursday, November 12, 2009 As I drove my German sports car down the street of my well healed bedroom community, in the San Francisco Bay area, I kept hearing Rick's words playing over and over again in my head; Rick: "If it's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?" Sam: "What? My watch stopped." Rick: "I'd bet they're asleep in New York. I'd bet they're asleep all over America." As the Vichy French Government sold out the French People to Nazi Germany, Casablanca became the last port of departure for freedom loving people. It was the last stop before America. Some made it, some didn't! Rolling to a stop to let some local shoppers cross, my eyes drifted, I could almost hear "La Marseillaise" playing in the background. Who was Rick? He was that guy that always fought on the side of the underdog, the guy that always fought for the freedom of others. He was that forgotten freedom fighter in foreign lands who put his life at risk so that others could "feel freedom." [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
Casablanca - As Time Goes By
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment