Saturday, June 13, 2009

Work not finished at Buchenwald? ~ By Joseph Farah

By Joseph Farah Posted: June 13, 2009 1:00 am Eastern © 2009 I've waited a week to write this column. Sometimes when you're really hot about something, it's best to sleep on it. That's what my wife tells me anyway. Well, I've slept on Barack Obama's Buchenwald speech for a solid week, and I'm as amazed at its insensitivity and disingenuousness as I was the day I heard it. There was a line in that address that deserves some special attention. I haven't seen anyone else point it out yet. To understand its impropriety you have to remember where it was delivered. And you have to appreciate that this was a prepared speech. Presidential speeches, especially those delivered on foreign soil, are scrupulously vetted, revised, rewritten, edited and carefully scripted for the Teleprompter in Chief. At least I assumed they were. The speech was delivered at Buchenwald, one of the most notorious concentration camps operated by Nazis, a place where some 56,000 people, mostly Jews, were murdered in what Adolf Hitler hoped would be the "final solution" to the "Jewish problem." This is the shockingly unbelievable line that struck my attention – one that was in such poor taste that it couldn't possibly have survived scrutiny by competent speechwriters and editors unless there was some intention behind it: "We are here today because we know this work is not yet finished." Now, don't tell me I am taking this line out of context. I know I am. I understand the context – that the fight continues against those who deny the Holocaust. [Continue reading]
Please digg this story (submitted by johnny2k)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment