Saturday, October 04, 2008

STEP DOWN – John McCain! - by T. L. Farlow

Yes, T. L. Farlow makes some great points about the many things that John McCain has been doing wrong. Farlow wants McCain to step down "for your country’s sake...for your party’s sake...for your own sake...for your family’s sake...for the citizens’ sake...for the world's sake...for sanity’s sake...for my sake...for my children’s sake..." UPDATE, October 4, 2008 If the following text seems to sound familiar, it is because I took it from a comment that I wrote for another T. L. Farlow column that was posted today: Right at the moment, I'm living a life close to peril. I know that allowing T. L. Farlow's writings to be broadcast to the world, published in my forums, and then dugg here for the world to see, could be seen as an attempt by me to sabatoge the McCain campaign. After a Farlow piece I published yesterday, I was slapped around a bit, and I surely deserved it. When sending out a shout yesterday to make people aware of that column, "STEP DOWN - John McCain", I sounded like I was ready to give up on John McCain. But, I need to assure you, that is not my objective. So why did I submit this one (Letter to Governor Sarah Palin)? Completely for my own redemption. It's that simple. A selfish reason, I know, but what needs to be said is that I understand what is at stake in this election. I could never agree with John McCain on every issue. However, I do highly respect his character. I know that it could make a major difference in the ultimate survival of this country. There may not be a way for me to be on Cindy McCain's Christmas card list, I've been pretty rough on John for quite awhile. So, how did I find a way to finally support John McCain? Well, first, there is my absolute terrifying fear that Obama could end up being President. Second, there is Sarah Palin. And even my good friend T. L. Farlow has that part right. Should our love for Sarah as a VP candidate make that much difference in how we feel about John McCain? Absolutely! And should we vote for John McCain just because he picked Sarah Palin as the VP, even if we despise the guy and feel he picked her just to get the Conservative base back? Absolutely! But, in all honesty, I do not despise John McCain.... yeah, even though I'll have to admit I haven't always been greatly rejoicing for his political stance on some things. For now, I am going to overlook some of the major differences. For now, I am going to accept that he honestly believes in Country First. I do have great belief in his character, regardless of whether or not he has been drastically wrong, in my humble opinion, on some issues. He HAS shown his great character, which I very much respect. But I can tell you this one other caveat. Oh, man, he better not mess up as President should we be so fortunate that he is our next. He is going to be watched by many that hold the same general feelings and nervousnous as I am experiencing. He is going to be held accountable should he win this election. Many of his potential voters truly ARE going out on a limb, we're going to trust him to do the right things. And we're going to let him know in a big way should we be let down. However T. L. Farlow sees it, however far he steps over the line, I'm not going to throw my friend under the bus for his views. I'm doing my best to address his concerns while staying committed to my belief that at all cost, we must stop the ObamaNation. And, folks, this is politics. There really is a time for people to find a way to find unity in order to avoid extremely bad consequences. And, as to this letter... the letter to Sarah Palin by my good friend, T. L. Farlow. I do not agree with the negative idea that McCain can't or shouldn't win. I do not agree with the opinion that McCain wants to lose the election, but I do have to wonder why John McCain is not slamming Obama for the stuff he's suggesting. I know, his name is John... He's too much like me, he is trying to be a really nice guy. He doesn't believe in slamming people that he doesn't agree with. I respect that wholeheartedly. Well, maybe he needs to listen to Sarah Palin a little bit more; it's possible to connect with people without slamming those that we don't agree with. She might just know a little more than John McCain when it comes to dealing with adversity like this. My suggestion has to be this: John, listen to your VP running mate. And John McCain, you probably do NOT want to read what T. L. Farlow has been writing. I would give the same advice to the Chicago Cubs today, going into the 3rd game of the NLDS, knowing you're down in the hole, don't pay attention to the ones that will bring your hope and your spunk down. Go out and win the next three, that's what I'm saying. Pay no attention to those that don't give you any hope. read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment