Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A time: My tribute to Skip Caray

This is a tribute to Skip Caray. Please read it. I remember back when I was in the Air Force, and got to watch a lot of Atlanta Braves games, with Skip in command of the microphone. He was fun to listen to. He followed right along in the footsteps of his dad, Harry Caray. And Skip's son, Chip, was the voice of the Cubs along with Steve Stone, after the passing of his grand-daddy. I enjoyed every minute of Chip's time with the Cubs. I remember my favorite days of watching Cubs games were when they played against the Atlanta Braves, and Skip and his son Chip were both broadcasting the games, from their different booths. Great times! I'll miss Skip. My deepest condolences go out to Chip and his family.

read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment