Thursday, April 22, 2010

A call to action in support of liberty ~ By Phil Elmore

I am beginning to think that Phil Elmore and I have a psychic connection! I don't think that we even need twitter or facebook to communicate!  You see, over time I have come to the same exact conclusion that Phil does in this column. Had I NOT had that conclusion, I am not sure I'd have continued doing what I do.  I had the feeling that I was just an obscure blogger for quite awhile.  But then, one day, about the time when Obama first started his campaign, I realized that what I was doing had some importance, even if just one person learned something (about Obama) that the mainstream media wasn't going to tell them.  


Doing what I do, on this and my other blogs and on my youtube channel, has turned out to be very rewarding in many ways.  For one, I got on sites like Twitter and digg.com, and met a lot of great patriots! That goes along with what Phil will be explaining in his column.  That was part of the reason I alluded to the psychic connection with Phil above.  The other part of the reason, as Phil will explain in his column, was because I knew I had to do something, even if I remained forever obscure, to help others learn about what is going on in this country.  And believe it or not, I guess that I have learned how many people really were not aware of the dangers to America.  I will explain that more in a future blog post, but for now, let me give you Phil's column. Be prepared for an interesting surprise!
People ask me so often, "But what can I do? The technology you've told me about exists and it's not going to go away. Where does that leave us?" Well, this is what you can do: Join us. Open a Facebook account. Open a Twitter account. Start a blog. You don't have to own your own website or domain; you can easily start a blog and a social networking account through any of several popular sites. Once you have such accounts, however, all you've got to do to make a difference is lend your voice. Add that voice to those of your fellow conservatives and libertarians.

Speak up. Speak out. Become part of the "mob" who support the Constitution and who oppose Barack Hussein Obama.

Start today.
By Phil Elmore

Posted: April 22, 2010 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2010



I've done something a little different in writing this week's Technocracy. I haven't taken a premise, built a series of links in support of that premise, and then presented a conclusion. This is because, all too often, Technocracy must take the format, "Here is a piece of technology. Fear it, because your government is misusing it." I believe very strongly in bringing you that message ... but something happened this week that has prompted me to change my message, just this once.

I'm going to ask you to do something.

In Technocracy, we have discussed social networking sites many times. These websites enable friends, family, coworkers, classmates and like-minded strangers to stay connected, trade links, share day-to-day trivia from their lives and generally hold encapsulated conversations across the distance of miles and even continents. Social networking sites have redefined the concept of "friendship" (not necessarily for the better) but also made it possible for friends and family who might otherwise seldom speak to share their lives with each other in a way that greatly enhances their relationships.

It's a simple fact that staying connected has very real benefits for people, whether they share ties of family, politics or interests. This is important, because too few people understand the power that social networking represents. Let me explain.

Every morning, I start my day by reading the news. To me, however, part of reading the news is taking the time to look at the updates on my Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace accounts. I also follow a couple of blogs, such as John Kubicek's blog, Bob Lonsberry's column (I also listen to his radio show and chuckle every time I see a FUBO sticker on someone's car – it's a campaign Lonsberry started that stands for "F--- You, Barack Obama") and host Bill Colley's thoughtful online journals. I follow Kubicek and Colley on Twitter, and I also follow a few other frequent political bloggers, such as John Sykes and Evil Conservative Radio.

I was doing this the Monday morning when I realized something. I kept opening new tabs in my browser as I clicked links shared by all of these people, and others, including friends in my Facebook friends list. Suddenly, it occurred to me that I was running out of time: There were too many columns. There were too many links. I wasn't going to be able to read them all before I had to leave the office.

This volume of posts, links, columns, retweets, blogs and comments, all of them bringing attention to the left's vile oppression of the American people, doesn't seem like much when you consider any single source. Each individual blogger is a drop in the well that is the Internet. But together, taken as a whole, this legion of conservative and libertarian posters unleashes a tidal wave each and every day that refutes the mindless bleating and the ceaseless drumbeat from left-leaning popular sources for news and entertainment. From the criminalization of dissent to the attempt to equate protesters with racists and murderous domestic terrorists, from the economic disaster that is Obamacare to the latest unpresidential behavior from our brittle, arrogant "commander in chief," men and women once derided by leftist politicians as crackpots sitting at computers in their parents' basements have shown they have real power in our sociopolitical landscape.

This power can be yours. You can be part of this "netroots" movement of conservative and libertarians on the Internet. In working with your fellow online activists, you needn't even agree with them about everything. Last weekend, for example, I discussed a recent WND column, "Government machines that can 'read your mind,'" with the hosts of the "Jeff and Mike Show." (You can listen to this appearance on my YouTube channel in three parts: 1, 2, and 3.)


READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

Bookmark and Share

Be sure to check out
johnny2k's Tea Party Gear!

Profits derived from your purchases
will help me to attend tea party rallies!

No comments:

Post a Comment