Monday, July 20, 2020

Canceling Cancel Culture ~ Ep. 1298 ~ The Dan Bongino Show®

From the Dan Bongino Show's description of this episode on youtube.com/Bongino or in his Show Notes:
In this episode, I address the cancerous cancel culture and how to fight back. People are looking for leadership. I also address the threat of another round of destructive and ineffective coronavirus lockdowns.
You could easily tell that Dan was very glad that Joe was back, as the day before, Joe had a technical problem. Sounds like me, except in my case, it was a personal issue, kind of what happens when we lose a close relative. In my case, it was my 100 year old father (though, I call him Dad), who passed away peacefully on July 14, 2020.  Since there was no funeral or memorial service, my siblings and I met with a pastor today (July 20) to discuss our feelings about our dad, and it was really helpful.  I just wanted to explain why my blog posts have not kept up with the show, and I will do my best to get caught up this week.

If there is anything in this episode that will probably be my biggest takeaway, it is about the Cancel Culture that Dan discusses in his first segment.  As we could all predict, Dan explains the cancel culture in a way that many of us may not have thought of.  Why are the lefties doing this cancel culture thing?  Is it because they are offended by things like the Washington "Redskins" name of their football team?  Or, the Texas "Rangers" baseball club?  Are they actually looking for things that might offend somebody? Why would they do that?  Dan answers those questions, with one very powerful point.  It isn't about being offended, not when they actually look for names or statues or anything else that could be offensive. 

Oh, dear, I really would like to tell you what the cancel culture is all about, but I'd rather you hear it from Dan.  Go to the link for the first segment I provided above, and see for yourself.  It wasn't anything that I may have thought of, until he got up to that point.  And I'm in total agreement with him.  But the best part of the segment is when Dan tells us how to cancel the Cancel Culture.  We need to go on the offense, and fight back, and give them the double-barreled flip off, and just say NO!  

Before I turn this over to Dan in this episode, and before I take another unplanned power-nap, I've got to hand it to Dan for what he discovered that U.S. Sen. Maizie Hirono (D-HI) said about supporters of President Trump, and it's not good.  In fact, it's even worse than the "deplorables" comment made by Demonicrat candidate Hillary in 2016.  He has the video proof here.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your patience, and hope that you'll forgive me for being behind.  There are times when we have things to attend to in life, and we have to put other things aside. Please enjoy this episode!  And, by the way, I finally had the chance to purchase some Goya Adobo!  Now I know why Dan loves it so much!  (See photo below the video!)



Be sure to see the
SHOW NOTES for Episode 1298


Yes, that's me with my first bottle of GOYA Adobo!

No comments:

Post a Comment