Monday, December 22, 2008

Politically correct Christmas - by Reb Bradley

By Reb Bradley
Merry Christmas everyone! I mean, Happy Holidays! Oh, wait – holiday means "holy day." We can't say that either, lest the irreligious take offense. Is "Winter Greetings" safe, or might that make summer-lovers distressed? How about "Season's Greetings"? That's an old standby that is probably innocuous enough. I'm sure, like me, you find it ridiculous that store clerks are afraid to wish anyone a Merry Christmas anymore. Frankly, I feel political correctness is robbing me of traditions treasured since childhood! I find it downright depressing when I drive through town and see fewer Christmas decorations every year – all because business owners and city governments fear they might offend those who are emotionally weak. You heard me right. At the very core of political correctness is weakness. [Continue reading]
digg story, submitted by johnny2k

No comments:

Post a Comment